Joining our EHS Team as Environmental EH(S) Engineer will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop, implement, and coordinate environmental programs including training, waste, solvent, and energy emission reduction.
- Provide technical support to facility management, and other associates in: identifying, evaluating, resolving, and controlling current and potential Environmental issues; process improvements; and compliance to regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Drive management of change system to ensure any new or modified material, equipment or process changes are evaluated and appropriately addressed from a regulatory and corporate EHS standpoint relevant to the associate, site, and environment.
- Coordinate inspections and audits as required for compliance.
- Function as an active team members for continuous improvement projects, and other team initiatives.
- Work closely with regional and functional units to review and assess environmental, safety and industrial hygiene status utilizing a standardized process for a uniform review.
- Develop, implement and coordinate EHS programs in an effort to minimize or eliminate accidents both safety and environmental.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive industrial health, safety and environmental records to demonstrate improvement in safety and environmental performance and direct facilities leadership to implement corrective actions to counter unsatisfactory trends.
- Closely collaborate with our Fire Brigade on the different environmental scenarios (leak, flood, heavy rain, spill, …).
To join our team, you will need:
The candidate must have at least a Bachelor in Science / Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
Fluent in English and French is required. Luxembourgish, German and other EU language is an asset.
Minimum 2 years experience in environmental field / Environmental Engineering or similar field is an asset.
IT, Soft Skills & others:
- Sense of responsibility
- Initiative and capability to work independently and in teams
- Strong presence on the shop floor to demonstrate the willingness of the company to respect all environmental rules at all levels of the organization
- Significant environmental knowledge. Expert knowledge of EEA directives, Risk Management Plan, EEA permitting and regulatory interpretations
- Knowledge of European and Luxembourg Environmental regulations
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Effective communicator with governmental agencies
- Strong ability to understand, anticipate and mitigate Environmental issues that may arise from process/product changes
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to introduce new systems and processes. Self-starter and ability to lead complex projects
- Ability to drive many projects simultaneously
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Asbestos or laser certification is a plus
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Job Segment: Facilities, Industrial Hygiene, Manufacturing Engineer, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Operations, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.goodyear.com.